The Drop On Demand printing systems provide a cross-system solution for customisation and coding in a variety of industries. The DOD UV technology impresses with its outstanding print quality, high speed, offering a scalable print from 36 mm and working on a large number of substrates. DOD UV technology is able to drive reflow print heads in various orientations, including horizontal, vertical and skyscraper way. These solutions guarantee many possibilities for serialization, late stage customization (1D, 2D codes, pictures and text elements) of a wide range of products such as folded cartons, labels and pharma-foils. Thanks to its flexibility, this approach allows production of small batches with cost benefits, in terms of logistics and warehousing.
Late-stage customization of labels, blisters and cartons with Drop on Demand printers, with UV ink
High resolution – up to 1200 dpi
Resolution starts from 300 DPI. 600 DPI is a standard solution which allows the finest details and contours to be displayed optimally – even for smallest font sizes down to 3 points.
High print Contrast and durability
In combination with the specific UV LED curable inks, the Drop On Demand printing solution satisfies all requirements regarding availability, reliability and usability of the systems that are equipped with the new printer generation. The printouts produced with DOD UV technology are lightfast and resistant to water, solvent, and wear.
Ink recirculation and Automatic cleaning
Drop On Demand is one of the most efficient printing systems. Ink recirculation is an important feature when it comes to intermittent usage. The fully automated cleaning of the ink jet nozzles ensures consistently perfect print quality and best availability with minimum maintenance by the user.
DOD printing system used for labels, folding cartons and blisters guarantees print high quality and definition. It means:
- Less expensive rejects or batch recalls
- More efficient usage of the available space in the artwork for variable data
- Maximum resistance to abrasions that can develop in the further production stages or within the outer packages
- Maximum resistance to solvents, e.g. at the final usage destination
- Low costs of ownership
Specific solutions developed by Metapack
- Vericode VS – late stage customization of flat folding cartons (pharmaceutical)
- Vericode Wally – late stage customization of flat folding cartons (cosmetics, food and so forth)
- FX300 – print on shipping cases
- DigiPro Label Near-line – late stage customization of labels
- DigiPro label – Inline or Roll-to-Roll late stage customization of labels
- DigiPro Blister – for late stage or in line printing on print on sealed blister
- Applications for Pharma foils (Alu, Tyvec, Laminates, Paper…)
- Vericode BFS – print on Blow Fill Seal unit doses