Specifically developed for pharmaceutical sector, MediaCount is a counter machine which allows to carry out the count of vials or bottles contained in trays, both metallic or plastic, in a precise, automatic and traceable way. Thanks to a vision system specially designed and realized by Metapack, nowadays it is possible to have a tool that makes it reliable and objective counting vials and bottles, operation that had not yet been automated until now.
WHAT IS MEDIACOUNT
Mediacount is an autonomous counter machine with manual feed based on an artificial vision system specially conceived, in which the operator enters the individual trays obtaining the automatic count. After counting, the counter machine generates a tag/label showing the amount of vials or bottles found therein: each tray can be then identified with the specific data of its content.
At the end of the batch, Mediacount provides a complete and detailed report of both the processed trays’ number or of the counts. Being arranged for a network connection, the machine can provide and exchange data through customer data infrastructure. In addition to carrying out the count, Mediacount also verifies the presence of product’s irregularities, as
- Damaged vials
- Bottles with non-compliant cap or fliptop
- Tray areas with irregularity filling
HOW MEDIACOUNT WORKS
MediaCount is an artificial vision system that uses a linear camera combined with a handling system to three axs which allows to carry out of high resolution images of the tray containing the product to be counted. A special lighting system, mounted on board of the system with three axs, allows you to acquire images suitable for counting. The vision software, created ad hoc with a COGNEX technology, realizes the count in a quick and precise manner and allows you to alert the operator of the presence of defectiveness of product contained in the tray.
The MediaCount software has been specially designed by Metapack to allow the operator to govern the control process so easy and intuitive. The machine can also be made for an automatic counting in-line with the trays transiting in automatic through it.
- The operator login to the system by entering the password.
- He select the recipe and declares the beginning batch by inserting all production data.
- He inserts the tray by starting in the inlet mouth: the machine automatically completes the insertion of the tray inside it.
- The machine carries out the count, signalling on the touchscreen together with the signalling of possible faults of the product.
- The machine returns the output tray so that the operator can pick it up and place the printed label.
- Steps 3-6 are repeated for all trays to be processed
- When he tried all the trays, the operator declares the end of batch.
Particular attention has been dedicated to software of the MMI, which assists the operator in each phase of the process, making the use of the machine very simple and intuitive.
TRAY IDENTIFICATION AND REPORTING
MediaCount is equipped with a printer for labels, which are automatically granted at the end of each count, allowing the operator to mark each tray with its identification data and its contents. At the end of the batch processing, the machine produces a paper report detailing the trays processed and the detail of each count: these data may also be communicated by network to an IT infrastructure.