The “THERMAL INK-JET” markers use HSA CARTRIDGES. Metapack Engineering is HSA distributor and supplier of technical assistance. Metapack provides the ideal system for printing codes, logos and variable data – such as batch number and expiry date – on any type of packaging material (cases, labels and so forth). This kind of markers are used in pharmaceutical serialization processes and in the cosmetics field where variable data represent an important portion of final packaging.
Thermal Ink Jet marking systems – high resolution, easy to use
Each printing head allows to print any type of graphic on a strip of 12.7 mm (0.5 ”), with 600 DPI resolution at the maximum speed up to 38 m/min or 300 DPI up to 100 m/min. Multi-head models are also available integrating 2, 3 or 4 printing units to obtain printing heights of 25.7 – 38.1 – 50.8 mm respectively. The heads operate practically in contact with the packaging surface (0.2-1.5 mm).
Compact control unit (Type MTHP4) – managing until 4 printing heads.
It is supplied with a touch screen monitor with USB stick interface. it is possible to download the messages to be printed from USB. The message can be defined off-line by any PC able to interface with the control unit. The print layout can be re-edited and / or modified after being inserted. There are no limitations regarding the orientation of the heads in order to print variable data (horizontal, vertical, oblique).
Metapack also provides software for remote and / or centralized management.
LCD-PC – able to integrate variable-data control system
The LCD-PC based control unit integrates additional programs and functions into the touch-screen PC such as remote control units, OCV / OCR print control, code control systems, traceability programs, etc.. LCD-PC includes PC software able to manage printing layouts. The graphic software is very flexible and intuitive and allows to insert the following functions:
- High printing definition
- No maintenance and washing cycles are required
- 600 DPI printing resolution (speed up to 38 m/min) or 300 DPI (speed up to 105 m/min).
- Printing data arranged in any orientation in the printing range
- No system wear
- Able to integrate multicolour ink like red, yellow, blue and invisible UV
Parts for installation
- Heads bracket for positioning one or more printing heads on the conveyor. Bracket is normally equipped with manual millimetric adjustment for the precise positioning of printing heads;
- Photocell for start-printing;
- Control unit bracket (LCD-PC and compact control unit);
- Encoder group, with metric wheel and oscillating bracket to synchronize transport speed with the printing process.